Everyone has a story to tell, every one has gone through something that changed them, and everyone has something they could benefit others with. What’s yours?
MuslimahMom is now accepting guest articles. Do you love to write and get published on a site for Muslim women and their kids?
And just before you view our guidelines, here are 3 reasons you would love to write for us:
- Your writing gets more exposure to a large and targeted audience. The more the reach, the greater the positive influence of your handiwork, and the greater your rewards; worldly or heavenly, you deserve it.
- We put your bio and contact handles immediately below the posts. No barrier between the two, so people know the post is yours and can get in touch with you through your handles.
- We promote your writing on all our platforms.
- And the icing on the cake? You get to learn about blogging, the simple and technical aspects of it, and how you can start yours if we enter a long-term deal.
Sounds good? Then read on for the guidelines.
The best way to know what we accept is by looking at our previous posts. For a general idea, here are the categories we have:
- Parenting: Islamic parenting and homeschooling ideas.
- Pregnancy and childbirth: Birth stories, tips and advises for new, young and experienced mothers.
- Spiritual Reflections: The Muslim woman’s relationship with her Lord, getting closer to Him through acts of worship.
- Entrepreneurship series: Working halal from home, we welcome Muslimahs to share their entrepreneurial journey and tips on how to start for beginners.
What to Submit
- Your content, 500 words or more in Word format.
- Excerpt: a summary of your article to give the reader an idea of what is in it.
- Keywords: main words that are in the article. Please, separate each word with a comma.
- Bio: three to four sentences about yourself what you do. With links to your social media handles and or business too.
What to take care of
Grammar: In order to reduce grammatical errors to the barest minimum and achieve a well-polished appearance to the world, please use grammarly.com
- Authentic references: Please, make proper references to Quran verses and hadith using Quran.com and Sunnah.com respectively, and embed the hyperlink of the references. Also, kindly reference articles you used when researching.
- Avoid plagiarism: We accept only original articles, not previously published anywhere (not even on your blog). The author is solely responsible for ensuring that the submitted article is void of plagiarism and also responsible for any legal issues that may arise due to negligence of the above point.
- Reader interaction: If your article is published, please interact and respond to comments left on your article on MuslimahMom. Subscribe to stay tuned with them. Comments will be moderated by relevance, obscenity, hateful and defamatory language.
Once we receive your article, the following situations can occur after reviewing by the editor:
- Approved: Your article is accepted for publication and you will be contacted for further details.
- Edits required: Your article requires further edits and or rewrites.
- Declined: Your article has not been accepted either due to it not meeting above stated requirements or it will require too many edits from our side.
Please, allow up to 2 weeks for our team to review your submitted article and get back to you. JazakiLlaahu khayran for your cooperation and patience.
Reproduction for non-profit usage
For purposes of reproduction, for non-profit usage only;
Internet/Electronic usage; Use excerpts, not more than half of the article with the specific link to the article on MuslimahMom.
Non-electronic usage, like newsletters, flyers etc. Full articles can be reproduced with full citation, web link to the exact article and credit to the author and muslimahmom.com The content should remain unchanged and should not be taken out of context.
If you have any questions regarding your submission or just want to reach out, email us at email@example.com
May Allaah accept your hardwork as sadaqah jaariyah and may the goodness spread far. Aameen.
Please, click here to continue to the submission page.